After Shasui Falls we drove another 20-30 minutes to
Odawara to see the castle there. This bridge spans the moat
around the castle. The boys were much more
interested in the Koi fish in the water than anything else...
imagine that!
I love the beam construction! It was beautiful as well as impressive.
This is "copper gate." The doors are plated with copper. That's a lot of pennies!
The main castle.
These are some of the suits of Samurai armor. Most of the body armor is pieced together with colorful silk chording. For all of the intricate and even beautiful detail work I'd still hate to meet with
a samurai on the battle field. They must have been pretty fierce.
The view from the roof top of the castle in various directions.
I love all my boys! So glad we get to spend so much time together!
No comments:
Post a Comment